Monday, March 2, 2009

Bittersweet Snow Day

I've signed up for auto-text alert so that I'm instantly notified when there is a delay or closing due to snow. This is great! I don't even have to get out of the bed, I just roll over look at the text message and shut off my alarm.

However, remember how great it was when you were a kid sitting on the couch in your pajamas listening to the radio for the delays and cancellations. Remember how jazzed you were to hear your school name read on the radio. If you weren't paying close enough attention, or if someone was talking you had to sit and listen for another 15 minutes til they came back around to your school. Those were great times. When I was in elementary school it meant I had the whole day to myself to watch TV, play outside, go around the neighborhood and get my friends. When I was in junior high it meant...back to bed!

No comments: